According to information from the Administration on Aging, the elderly comprise a considerable 12.9 percent of the total population in the USA. Moreover, by 2030, the number is predicted to rise to 19%. The ideal means to care for this population is to stay in touch with them while remaining secure and self-sufficient.
Technology has resulted in the advancement of numerous unique communication systems that allow the elderly to contact their loved ones at any time. Taking care of the elderly can be taxing mentally and physically, but there is an excellent way. A two-way radio is one of these.
The Need of Two-Way Radios for the Elderly
Using a reliable two-way communication device, such as radios, is the most excellent approach to caring for the elderly while keeping their independence. This guarantees that both parties can communicate with one another at any moment. Suppose a caregiver knows how to use a two-way communication device. In that case, they can deal with their daily tasks without worrying about the elderly person.
Why the Elderly Needs Two-Way Radios
Physical health weakens as a person gets older. Many of their essential body organs might not work to their total capacity. Eye issues, weak muscles, and also the lack of ability to move quickly are constant issues that might obstruct an aged person’s everyday activities and liberty of motion.
Consequently, they are more at risk of accidents and diseases that require immediate attention. It’s a matter of life and death when it involves speed. Although caregivers can offer the elderly their full attention, they may not want to give up their freedom.
Benefits of Two-Way Radios for The Elderly
Two-way radios include the following benefits
Excellent Key Features
- These radios are durable and can endure being dropped, exposed to rain, dust, or sand, and operating in high temperatures.
- These radios have a two-way capability that enables caregivers to check on the elderly regularly. This is quite important because the elderly, who frequently struggle with hearing loss, may not have the ability to listen to your voice from throughout the room.
- Depending on the model you choose, you can use it for short and long-distance communication.
- These two-way radios are likewise ideal for impaired individuals.
- They are simple to use and only need the press of a button to communicate.
- Handheld variants can be readily attached to your belt or other accessories, freeing up your hands for other jobs. Motorola radio system uses an application that can improve the communication experience.
- They are mobile and can be used anywhere, allowing you to keep the device with you at all times
- Portable devices or wireless base station intercoms are offered in different forms and versions. Go to this page to learn more about the latest technologies that can assist you.
- They are not exceedingly costly. You may communicate for budget-friendly solutions without using any cell phone service. There are no ongoing monthly charges.
There are many different two-way radio models on the market, and many of them have unique characteristics. When choosing a two-way radio system for elderly care, consider the various functions and utilities. You should choose one that the elderly can comfortably carry and operate in your house.
Examine the Ingress Protection or IP rating of a system before buying it. The IP rating indicates how resistant the two-way radio is to foreign objects and moisture. Search for a radio that is comfortable to grasp and bring and has easily visible buttons. These two-way radios can be found at a wide variety of prices, from under $50 to hundreds of dollars.